BytesLand is a search engine, that only deals with indexing torrent files without hosting them.
Be sure that your takedown requests contain:
- Name, phone number and postal address of a person, submitting the request.
- If request is made by a company representative — name, phone and address of the company.
- Proof that you personally are the copyright holder (or proof of the right to act on behalf of the copyright holder ), one of the following:
- Link to the site where your copyrighted works are hosted / mentioned (not "free" Web hosting);
- USPTO number, or any other reasonable and verifiable ownership proof.
- Exact and complete URL of the content in question.
- Example: http://bytesland.com/torrent/beethoven-symphony-234268
- Requests to remove search categories or search keywords will be ignored.
There are no copyrights on keywords. Claims mentioning your "registered trademark" is copyright infringement (it is not) will get you nowhere.
- Mind that requests are processed automatically, and if there are no exact links in email, it will be deleted.
- The following statements:
- I have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If the request doesn't contain described above information, it won't be taken into consideration.
It usually takes to 5 business days for your request to be processed.
Mind that excessively threatening or hilariously stupid requests will result in:
- Correspondence disclosure;
- Public embarrassment;
- Ignoring any emails from you.
Properly-filed takedown requests will not be disclosed.